Development Finance Toolbox
January 23-25, 2023 - Online
9:00 am-2:30 pm
Course Cost: $360
How do local governments use public-private partnerships for development? What finance tools are available to local governments to revitalize Main Street? North Carolina communities can select from a wide array of financing tools in their efforts to attract and grow businesses, improve real estate, and build community assets.
This course is intended for elected officials; city and county managers, assistant managers, clerks; and community and economic development professionals who want to learn the basics and understand the options of development finance tools used by North Carolina local governments.
What You'll Learn:
- Federal financing programs and tax credit financing
- Public-Private Partnerships for Redevelopment
- Opportunity Zones and the Local Government Role
- Local government capital financing
- Tax increment financing (TIF) and synthetic TIF
- Business improvement districts
- Attracting private investment to Main Street
- Workshop: Fundamentals of Developer Real Estate Financing