Career opportunities listed on this page are public housing-related and includes listings from member and non-member agencies. CCHRCO is a volunteer organization and does not have any employees.
MEMBER JOB POSTINGS
Accountant - Housing
Tracking Code 3-1000-5-004 Job Description
The purpose of this position is to prepare and maintain financial records, post and correct financial transactions, prepare and manage utility activities, payments and reporting, and assist with annual budget preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, prepares, analyzes, and maintains reports and reconciliations and records appropriate journal entries.
- Prepares and submits reports and drawdowns, requests drawdowns within approved budget limits, and organizes and maintains records of drawdowns.
- Analyzes financial data to ensure accurate reporting and reconciles grant-reporting software to general ledger.
- Manages daily cash balances and processes transactions and payments.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and grant programs and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares cost analysis and advises on departmental budgets and drafts, accounting procedures and methods.
- Manages financial aspects of grant programs by searching for new grant opportunities and requesting approval to apply for grant funding; maintains knowledge of allowable costs and reporting requirements.
- Assists with annual budget, budget amendments, and budget requests and records budget revenues and expenditures.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Customer service principles
- Mathematical concepts
- Bookkeeping principles and practices
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment
- Automated business software packages
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Data entry techniques
Licensing and Certifications:
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, kneeling, vision, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, talking.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
Required Skills •Prioritizing and assigning work
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications
- Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations
- Providing customer service
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Maintaining records
- Auditing and/or reconciling financial records and information
- Operating standard office equipment
- Tabulating, recording, and balancing transactions
- Researching account discrepancies
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preparing reports
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management, with at least three (3) years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Job Location Concord, North Carolina, United States Department PUBLIC HOUSING OPERATIONS Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 20.17 - 20.17 USD
If interested please apply online at www.cityofconcordnc.gov go to departments click on Human Resources tab (employment opportunities) on left click on accounting position. An email address is necessary to apply online. Please note that email accounts are available for free from many different providers (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo).
Local government agency is seeking an individual to provide accounting support with General Ledger, Budgets, AR, and AP. As part of the finance team, this position will also provide support with employee benefits including insurance and retirement. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel and all facets of financial reporting as well as strong skills in General Ledger. Minimum education required - Associates degree in accounting and 3-5 years experience in accounting is preferred. Salary will commiserate with experience. We officer excellent a benefit package. Resumes must be postmarked by March 13, 2019. Send Resume to:
PO Box 1315 Goldsboro,
NON-MEMBER JOB POSTINGS
LISC - Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) job board provides a listing of the career opportunities in finance, program development, administration and other areas.
PHADA JOB BOARD - The Public Housing Authorities Directors Association job board includes a listing of industry related job opportunities.
HUD STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Pathways Program is an innovative employment program recruiting students and recent college graduates. Entry-level or internship opportunities are posted at www.usajobs.gov. Consider an extraordinary career with HUD!
NC WORKS - North Carolina Works is an online job bank, listing employment and career opportunities through-out the state of North Carolina.
SC WORKS - South Carolina Works is an online job bank, listing employment and career opportunities through-out the state of South Carolina.
SERC-NAHRO - Southeastern Regional Council of NAHRO's online job board provides a listing from member organizations through-out the states of: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky,Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
URBAN LAND INSTITUTE (ULI) - ULI's Career Center provides a listing of jobs in real estate profession.