Human Services Award - Application Deadline, June 23, 2017
Each year the Human Services committee seeks information on programs that are being held at member agencies to share with others. Large, medium or small, North Carolina or South Carolina, we all have issues, concerns and problems that often take some creative thinking to address. Sometimes, it is not necessary to re-invent the wheel. We can get ideas and support from one another.
The array of potential topics is broad, and past winners have ranged from elderly programs to homeownership programs. Now, more than ever, it is essential that we develop cost effective programs that will fill the gap between housing and human/social services.
All entries are read and evaluated by an independent third party. Ultimately, three winners are chosen from each state based on the size of the agency. The winners are recognized at the Carolinas Council of Housing, Redevelopment and Codes Officials Annual Conference held in August of each year.
Selection Criteria is as follows:
- Program Description: provide a one page description of how the program is designed and what facilitated its development and what are the goals.
- Originality and Impact of the Program: provide a brief description of how the program demonstrates its ability to envision a new reality and in its translation into concrete terms to further positive behavior(s) while mobilizing people around the unknown and what types of specific, positive efforts can be attributed to the program. What are the anticipated/expected outcomes?
- The Particular Program that is addressed.
- Funding Source and Cost Effectiveness: what concrete savings has the program provided?
- Transferability: how could other agencies or organizations benefit from adopting this program?
- Format (neat, well organized, and clearly defined).
If at all possible, please submit pictures of your program activities.
Pictures on CD format will be accepted.
Please Note: Applications must be received by Friday, June 23, 2017 and must be mailed to:
Angela J. Graham, Executive Director
Concord Housing Department
Post Office Box 308
283 Harold Goodman Circle
Concord, North Carolina 28025
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Graham by phone at 704.920.6100 (office) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the link below to obtain a copy of the 2017 Application.