CCHRCO Annual Conference
CCHRCO Annual Conference
Message from CCHRCO's President, Robbie Littlejohn
With the advent of the rise of COVID in North and South Carolina the board of the Council has decided to have the following changes to the agenda and some required protocol for the Annual Conference being held in Myrtle Beach, SC on August 22 - 25.
- There will only be 50 persons allowed in each meeting room.
- No Opening Session during the lunch period on Monday and box lunches will be provided.
- The Annual Business Meeting (Breakfast on Tuesday) and the Banquet will continue to be a plated meal.
- The Continental Breakfast in the Exhibit Hall on Monday will be boxed.
- The Exhibitor Receptions will be split into time slots with approximately 50 individuals allowed at one time - tickets will have allotted time on them.
- ALL Attendees will be required to sign a waiver before receiving their registration packet. This is attached to this email to bring with you. (see below and click on the link to download a copy of the form CCHRCO COVID 19 Safety Protocol and Liability Waiver and Release of Claims Form
- Mask will be required for all Council functions that are indoors, except when eating or drinking, or using a microphone.
- Conference registrations will be refunded if individuals change their mind about attending will no time requirement or penalty/processing fee.
- There will still be a DJ and Dancing, but dancing will require a mask.
- There will still be the 50/50 Scholarship Raffle - so bring your cash!
Please print and sign the attached waiver and bring it to the conference when you register.
HOTEL CANCELLATION INFORMATION
The hotel is allowing full cancellation up to 7 days prior to your reservation - if you choose to cancel, otherwise you will be charged for 1 night. Please contact Connie Howard if you wish to cancel at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for cooperating for your safety and the safety of others.
*Please make sure to read the safety protocol and liability waiver and release form and be prepared to adhere to all policies as set forth. If during the course of the conference any updates are provided to CCHRCO by public health officials, we will be sure to announce them during the conference.
CCHRCO 2021 ANNUAL CONFERENCE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
CCHRCO is pleased to host the 2021 CCHRCO Annual Conference from August 22-25, 2021. Health and safety have long been priorities for the CCHRCO, and never more so than now given the current COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of the CCHRCO community is our highest priority. For this reason, we will follow all applicable health recommendations and requirements from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as state and local authorities. Below are the safety guidelines and procedures that can be expected for the Event. All attendees and their guests must carefully read this COVID-19 Safety Protocol (the "Safety Protocol") prior to attending and should be aware that if public health guidance changes, the infection control measures in place at the time of the Event may change as well. Any significant changes to this Safety Protocol will be communicated to attendees before the conference.
CCHRCO understands that, while the situation is improving, COVID-19 remains a serious concern and we are committed to abiding by all CDC, state, and local guidelines for events and expect all guests to follow these recommendations as well. Accordingly, we require the following from all in-person members of the CCHRCO Annual Conference:
- All in-person members of the CCHRCO Annual Conference will be required to wear masks during indoor activities, regardless of vaccination status, per recent CDC guidance that states all should wear masks indoors in areas of high COVID-19 transmission. Per the CDC transmission map, Myrtle Beach is currently an area of high transmission. Extra masks will be available. Masks may only be removed when actively eating or drinking; mask usage will be monitored and enforced. Additionally, we ask that attendees avoid hugs or handshakes this year.
- All in-person members of the CCHRCO Annual Conference are required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms each day of the conference to ensure that you are not putting anyone at risk. The current CDC guidance on COVID-19 symptoms is available HERE.
- By attending the conference, all in-person members of the CCHRCO Annual Conference agree to CCHRCO 2021 ANNUAL CONFERENCE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL.
- By attending the conference, all in-person members of the CCHRCO Annual Conference agree to the CCHRCO COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS.
Finally, we recognize that attendees will have downtime during the conference apart from official conference activities and sessions, and we want attendees to enjoy their downtime. Attendees should feel free to enjoy the many amenities that Myrtle Beach offers, but they should remember to follow all hotel/local guidelines while on the property. CCHRCO shall not be responsible for organizing or monitoring compliance with safety protocols outside of any scheduled CCHRCO activity.
If you have any questions about this Safety Protocol, please contact Robbie Littlejohn, President of CCHRCO at 864.427.9679 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
CCHRCO COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
The 2021 CCHRCO Annual Conference will follow then-current applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations relating to COVID- 19, as well as venue-specific requirements. However, CCHRCO cannot guarantee that its event participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19 as a result of attending the CCHRCO event. As a participant, you are expected to comply with posted protocols. Failure to comply may result in removal from, or denial of access to, the CCHRCO Conference without a refund of registration fees, and/ or disqualification from attendance at future events.
By attending, you are agreeing, on behalf of yourself and all others for whom you are registering, to this COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS, including the Risk Acknowledgement and Assumption, found below.
RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION FOR CURRENT EVENT
I acknowledge that I derive a benefit by virtue of my in-person participation at this CCHRCO Annual Conference, and I am willingly engaging in this conference. I further acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties (defined below); and
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of harm and loss associated with the conference, including any harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
As a participant in the Event, I acknowledge that my participation at this conference is voluntary. By attending, I acknowledge and assume all risks associated with my participation and/or attendance at the CCHRCO Annual Conference, and I agree that: (a) CCHRCO, (b) the property or site owner of the conference and (c) all affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, exhibitors, partners, directors, and officers, of such entities (subsections (a) through (c), collectively, the "Released Parties"), will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death) or other loss suffered as a result of my participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the conference.
BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONFERENCE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AS SET FORTH IN MORE DETAIL IMMEDIATELY BELOW.
RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES, EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES,
MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISES OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE. I agree that if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms prior to the conference, I will not attend. I further agree that if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms during the conference, I will discontinue my participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention. I DO HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER WHICH ARISES OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY FIRST AID, TREATMENT, OR SERVICE RENDERED AT THE EVENT.